I was tagged over on facebook to provide 25 random facts about myself. It’s actually harder than I expected, but just for fun, I thought I’d cross post them here:
1. I home roast all the coffee we drink at our house.
2. My favorite color is unquestionably purple.
3. In my opinion the only good thing about American football is the half-time show.
5. I wish we had mass transit where I live – I love buses and trains.
6. I’m extremely behind on my Doctor of Ministry thesis and yet cling to the desperate hope that I’ll still graduate this spring.
7. I’ve never been accused of being athletic but spent the last week in July of 2007 and 2008 biking across Iowa and hope to do it again in 2009.
8. I find Dora the Explorer absolutely annoying – she always seems to be yelling.
9. One of my favorite characters in the Bible is Jonathan. This often results in transference, I automatically like most people with the name.
10. I really like vampire movies; I know there’s no sense in it, but it’s true.
11. Other than coffee roasting, I enjoy knitting, scuba diving, tatting, and home brewing.
12. I blog at www.tenclay.org/blog but probably have less than a dozen readers due to the fact that the whole thing is far to eclectic to have a constant readership.
13. I currently use Alesti as my RSS reader and highly recommend it.
14. I dislike most office suites and use Open Office for all my word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
15. The two languages I would really like to learn are Latin and Mandarin Chinese.
16. I believe seminary is an invaluable experience for people preparing to be ministers but most definitely did not enjoy it – at all.
17. I love playing piano, but would much prefer to own a harpsichord.
18. The Bird of Paradise is my favorite flower.
19. I don’t own an Ipod, but do have a Zune – and while I’m no fan of Microsoft, absolutely love it.
20. I lived in Germany for a year, Hong Kong for a summer, St. Thomas for a summer but have never been to Mexico and have only been to Canada once (and I was just driving through on the way to Niagara).
21. Mozart Kugeln and Peeps are my favorite sweets, although baklava is definitely toward the top of the list.
22. I brush my teeth regularly but haven’t yet found a toothpaste with a flavor that I like.
23. If it were up to me, I would sleep until 11 every day and work into the middle of the night.
24. I find wooden shoes comfortable and would wear them regularly if I felt like I could get away with it.
25. I never thought I’d admit this in public, but we own a dog that has to wear a sweater if she goes outside during the winter so we trained her to use peepee pads.
There… now you know more about me than you ever wanted to!
Grace and peace,